ZMS - open source content management for science, technology and medicine
ZMS is a content management solution for the site-based e-publishing. A simple editing interface and flexible content model (multilingualism, metadata, content objects, XML import / export, workflow etc.), is designed for optimal productivity for web sites, documentation and educational content.
When it comes to the content: ZMS is a free open-source CMS solution for hospitals, research institutions and international SMEs. ZMS differs from other content management systems (CMS) by focusing on a pre-configured, broadly evaluated publishing model. This can be adapted and expanded if necessary through a well-understand graphical interface. Proven editorial processes and modular architecture make the content management system, ZMS an incomparably productive tool: a website is able to work with a few clicks.
At a glance: The main features of ZMS
- Easy usability, particularly when entering content (web forms)
- Strict separation of contents and design components
- Universally applicable, modular template model and efficient design concept
- Categorisation concept and library-conformable meta attributes
- Workflow and role concept
- Editorial work tools (notes, alerting, work lists)
- Multilingual publishing
- Multi-client capability
- XML-Interface for document import and export
- Large extensibility (script languages DTML, Python; database interfaces)
- Continuous object orientation (inheritance concept)
- Production benefit by use of content and application modules
Background: ZMS uses the open source application server ZOPE and is optimised for the building of structured contents. This system facilitates the editorial process by prescribing a homogeneous concept for the structure and the development of internet documents. ZMS makes the „one click publishing“ also possible for the inexperienced user by the direct entering of contents in a web form. The ZMS framework offers complete solution approaches for the most important questions when structuring and operating a content-oriented website and allows for a flexible modelling of electronic contents to the expert.